||Welcome to the NO Screen Of Death Project Web Site
|Last updated: Thu, 22 April 2005
|Microsoft Office Documents versioning : Office 2003 solutions available at http://www.rootfusion.com.
The ODA software keeps track of your document versions automatically, for only 99 euros - No server installation required !|
Why Open Source?
(Wed, 29 May 2002)
With the future release of Tod10 (middle of June), I think it's time to answer to one of the
frequently asked questions to the NO-SOD
Imagine a world where all of the applications worked and they didn't cost you a dime. It may sound like a dream, but it's happening more and more as companies adopt the GNU Public License and make their applications code available to the Open Source developer community.
When it comes to building a better application, many companies are starting to turn to the Open Source developer community as a way to enhance their products. Open Source has gained a lot support and press in the past year, due in part to one company's bold move to release its source code to developers.
Open Source software is an idea whose time has finally
come. For twenty years it has been building momentum in the
technical cultures that built the Internet and the World Wide Web.
Now it's breaking out into the commercial world, and that's changing
all the rules.
team: "Why Open Source?".
With the rapid growth of Linux as a production operating system, a lot of interest has been generated in "Open Source".
The basic idea behind Open Source is very simple:
when programmers can read, redistribute, and modify
the source code for a piece of software, the software evolves.
People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs.
We have learned in the Open Source community that this rapid
evolutionary process produces better software than
the traditional closed model, in which only a very few programmers can
see the source.
- eDMS V2.0 Release anouncement in one week (Sat, 16 April 2005)
- Five years birthday (Thu, 25 November 2004)
- eDMS 1.0.4 available! (Sun, 30 May 2004)
- eDMS 1.0.3c available! (Thu, 22 January 2004)
- Welcome to Carlos C. Praude (Thu, 4 December 2003)
- Welcome to William Rhodes (Thu, 17 July 2003)
- One year on the Web (Wed, 9 July 2003)
- eDMS 1.0.3 release with mySQL 4 support (Fri, 25 April 2003)
- Another contribution from IT Phonic (Thu, 20 March 2003)
- Get Supported with your eDMS (Mon, 3 March 2003)
- Strategic directions with eDMS (Wed, 12 February 2003)
- Korigan 1.0.2 available! (Fri, 27 December 2002)
- Tasks Management System (TMS) (Wed, 11 December 2002)
- Great contribution from ITphonic (Wed, 27 November 2002)
- Twentee : first NO-SOD puzzle game (Mon, 25 November
- Goodbye Dino (Fri, 15 November 2002)
- Happy birthday NO-SOD (Thu, 7 November 2002)
- Now that the truck is on the road... (Thu, 10 October
- Tod10 2.0.1 is released! (Fri, 4 October 2002)
- Efficient Document Management System: 1.0.1 release announced
for 20th of
August (Wed, 24 July 2002)
- Did you mean just around the corner ? (Tue, 21 May 2002)
- The NO-SOD distribution lists (Tue, 7 May 2002)
- PIX Translator (Built on GD library and PHP Kernel) (Tue, 9
- Web Pigeons announcement (Mon, 18 March 2002)
- New Framework release announced (Thu, 14 February 2002)